UMass Memorial Health Care is committed to improving the health status of all those it serves and to addressing the health problems of the poor and other medically underserved populations. We aim to improve the health status of our communities by addressing some of the social, economic and political obstacles that prevent people from attaining optimal health.
Read our 2012 Community Benefits Report.
Community Benefits Programs at UMass Memorial Hospitals
Our Community Benefits Program supports community health initiatives that address unmet health needs through partnerships with many local human service organizations. The Community Benefits Advisory Committee, for example, works collaboratively with UMass Memorial Health Care and makes specific recommendations for program activities, identifies needs, generates new ideas, plans and expands existing services, and provides overall program support.
Community benefits initiatives at UMass Memorial Health Care hospitals include:
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - Mobile medical and dental services, healthy communities, literacy, youth development and violence prevention, children's wellness and protection, senior services, health services in low-income neighborhoods, mental health services for youth, and programs for the uninsured, underinsured, indigent and homeless
- Learn more about our community benefits mission and target populations from 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Clinton Hospital - Community outreach, school activities, medication and home safety for seniors
- HealthAlliance Hospital - Access to health care for the uninsured, healthy communities, domestic violence, behavioral health, women's health, community health, dental hygiene
- Marlborough Hospital - Access to dental and health services, literacy, access to health care for the uninsured
- Wing Memorial Hospital - Community education and health fairs, senior services, children's health, support groups, mentoring, mental health, education programs, physician community education
For more information, read the 2009 Community Benefits Report for each of our hospitals.
Read our system brochures from 2009, 2010 and 2011.