Pulmonary medicine at Clinton Hospital is provided for adult patients suffering from lung diseases, respiratory problems and allergies. Inpatient treatment and outpatient testing is provided by the hospital's Respiratory Therapy Department, and a private pulmonologist is on the hospital’s medical staff for outpatient visits.
Common respiratory conditions and allergy problems treated include:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Coughing up blood
- Excessive mucus production
- Interstitial lung disease
- Occupational lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Shortness of breath
Clinton Hospital offers a number of pulmonary function tests including:
- Bronchial challenge testing using methacoline
- Spirometry pre/post-inhaled beta-adrenergic agonist
- Lung volumes with nitrogen washout
- Diffusion capacity
- Maximal voluntary ventilation, and inspiratory and expiratory mouth pressures
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Resting or exercise pulse oximetry testing
Ask your physician about having any of these tests performed at Clinton Hospital. Call our Respiratory Therapy Department at 978-368-3000, extension 73787, for more information.
For help in choosing a physician, call 978-368-3890.