Anesthesiologists at Wing Memorial Hospital provide care to surgical patients like you and your loved ones:
- Consultation prior to surgery
- Delivery of medications for safe, pain-free surgery and monitoring your life functions during surgery
- Postsurgical care as required
Types of Anesthesia
Generally, one of the following types of anesthesia is used:
- General anesthesia ensures that you are completely asleep and unaware of the procedure.
- Moderate sedation provides the appropriate medication for you to have surgery without discomfort, but not in a deep sleep.
- Regional anesthesia includes spinal, epidural and regional block anesthesia. Only the appropriate area of your body is numbed and you are able to communicate during the procedure.