Wing Memorial Hospital has a six-bed Special Care Unit that stabilizes and manages critically ill patients. The unit emphasizes patient and family-centered care.
- 24-hour diagnostic imaging support
- Cardiac monitoring
- Invasive and noninvasive hemodynamic monitoring
- Surgical care
Our Team and Your Care
The Special Care Unit is staffed around the clock by a team of physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and technicians who are dedicated to the care of your or your loved one.
If you are a patient on our Special Care Unit, you will be cared for in the daytime hours by your physician and in the overnight hours by a hospitalist, a highly trained physician who specializes in providing inpatient care.
Consultations with our specialists, as well as those at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, are also available.
Visiting Your Loved One
Visitors are good medicine for patients and welcome any time, but please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Visits should be brief so patients can get the proper rest they need to recover.
- The number of visitors in patients' rooms should be limited to two at a time.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit.
- Visitors should be considerate of others and keep noise at a minimum.