Wing Memorial Hospital specialists provide diagnosis and treatment of diabetes. We also provide a nationally certified Diabetes Education Program to help patients live healthy and productive lives.
Diabetes Self-Management Education
Our Diabetes Self-Management Education Program is approved by the American Diabetes Association and is available to any adult with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Registered dietitians provide you with medical therapy and one-on-one nutritional counseling. You also receive in-depth education and advice on diabetes management techniques, as well as the long-term complications and psychological effects of living with diabetes.
- Blood glucose monitoring and insulin pump therapy
- Foot care
- Gestational diabetes education and management
- Medication management
- Other diabetes self-management techniques including exercise
- Preventing and detecting the long-term complications from diabetes
- Psychological effects of diabetes
- Role of diet and nutrition in managing diabetes
- Types of diabetes: type 1, type 2, gestational and pre-diabetes
Joining Our Diabetes Self Management Program
You must be referred by your physician and in most cases, services are covered by your insurance. Self-payment is also an option.
For more information on Wing Memorial Hospital's Diabetes Self-Management Program, please call 413-284-5793.
Download our brochure: Information for Patients with Diabetes brochure.