Quality care begins with primary care. Having an ongoing relationship with a primary care physician (PCP) and his/her care team is the first step to better health for you and your family.
Wing Medical Centers in Belchertown, Ludlow, Monson, Palmer and Wilbraham provide you and your loved ones with primary health care services close to home.
- If you know the type of primary care physician you want, find a primary care physician near you.
- Learn how to choose the most appropriate type of PCP for you or your family:
Choosing a Primary Care Physician
There are several different kinds of primary care doctors. Learn the benefits of each type of provider and choose the one best suited to your needs:
- Internal Medicine – Care for adults and seniors
- Pediatrics – Care for infants, children and teens
- Geriatric Medicine – Care for seniors
In addition, we have specialists called hospitalists, medical doctors in internal medicine or family medicine who care for hospitalized patients of all ages.
What Services Our Primary Care Physicians Provide?
Your PCP and their care team can provide a wide range of services to help you get and stay well, and if you have a chronic disease, reduce its severity and improve quality of life, including:
- Annual physical exams, immunizations and health screenings
- Chronic disease management for such conditions as:
- Asthma and allergies
- High cholesterol
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Heartburn (acid reflux)
- High blood pressure
- Low back pain
- Timely care for common, acute illnesses such as the flu, sore throats, coughs or fever
- Referrals to specialists when needed
- Behavioral/emotional health resources for conditions such as depression
- Preventive care and advice