Wing Memorial Hospital offers Nuclear Medicine testing, which assists your physician in diagnosing diseases. Tumors, infection and other disorders can be detected by evaluating organ function. Specifically, nuclear medicine can be used to:
- Analyze kidney function
- Image blood flow and function of the heart
- Scan lungs for respiratory and blood-flow problems
- Identify blockage of the gallbladder
- Evaluate bones for fracture, infection, arthritis or tumor
- Determine the presence or spread of cancer
- Identify bleeding into the bowel
- Locate the presence of infection
- Measure thyroid function to detect an overactive or underactive thyroid
Schedule Nuclear Medicine Appointments
To schedule your nuclear medicine test, call 413-284-5241.
More About Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine, a diagnostic imaging specialty, comprises examinations that result in images developed based on the detection of energy emitted from a radioactive substance given either intravenously or by mouth.
Generally, the amount of radiation given to the patient is similar to that from standard x-ray examinations.
Schedule a nuclear medicine appointment: Call 413-284-5241