Care Connection Center
When a patient needs the specialty care available at UMass Memorial Medical Center, physicians throughout Central Massachusetts can turn to the Care Connection Center to smooth the way, any time of day or night.
Easy Access to UMass Memorial Inpatient Care
The Care Connection Center is a special service for physicians whose patients need surgery, critical care, and other advanced inpatient care found only at major tertiary care centers like UMass Memorial. Formerly MD Access, the Care Connection Center is an enhanced service focused on efficiently filling the needs of both physicians and patients. We manage more than 800 transfers each month.
The Care Connection Center is staffed 24/7 by a team of experienced intensive care and emergency medicine nurses with significant expertise in direct patient care. Our team can help assess just what the patient needs and how to arrange it. We take care of all the details for both the referring physician and the patient and family. Importantly, the Care Connection Center keeps referring physicians fully informed about their patient’s care while at UMass Memorial Medical Center.
Our Care Connection Center Services
Starting right from the first phone call, the Care Connection Center staff will:
- Gather clinical and basic information to ensure proper patient placement and care
- Facilitate direct communication between the referring physician and on-site attending physician
- Arrange all internal processes, from securing a bed to obtaining medical records
- Manage the logistics of patient transfer via ambulance or Life Flight
- Personally check on patients and their families once they've arrived in their room
- Provide feedback directly to the referring physician
Advanced Care Only at UMass Memorial Medical Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center, part of UMass Memorial Health Care, is the region's tertiary care center. Specialty services include:
- Emergency medicine
- Trauma and critical care
- Intensive care, including pediatric ICU and eICU
- Heart and vascular care, including interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery
- Cancer care
- Neurology and stroke care
- High-risk maternal and fetal medicine
- The region's only Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Simply Call 24/7 to Transfer Patient
To transfer a patient, simply call 888-334-4111, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Care Connection Center can smooth the way.