Visitor Restrictions Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Marlborough Hospital will screen visitors and restrict visitation as necessary to protect the health of patients and staff.
For purposes of this guidance, parents of patients who are under the age of 18 years old, attorneys of patients and companions for patients with intellectual and/or physical disabilities are not considered visitors but must be screened when entering the hospital.
Marlborough Hospital must screen all visitors when entering the hospital for symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, myalgia, or new onset of loss of taste or smell).
- Individuals with any symptom will not be permitted into the hospital.
- Hospitals must require all visitors to perform hand hygiene before visiting a patient.
- Visitors are always required to wear a facemask while in the hospital.
- Visitors screening must be logged into the log book located at the main entrance.
- Visitors will be given a ‘visitor badge’ to wear while in the hospital.
Marlborough Hospital will restrict any non-essential personnel, such as sales vendors, who do not provide direct care from entering the facility.
COVID positive and PUI patients:
Patients who are COVID-positive or PUI will not be allowed visitors at this time.
Visitor Exception: End-of-life visits for COVID-positive patients will be limited to 30 minutes with a maximum of 2 visitors for a one-time visit. Please follow the COVID-positive end-of-life visit exception guidelines.
Visiting Hours: 10 am to 7 pm
- No visitors under the age of 18 years old are allowed in the hospital.
- Visitors must report to the nurse's station before visiting the patient
- Inpatient units: patients will be allowed one visitor at a time in the hospital. This may be limited due to necessary clinical care.
- Emergency Department: visitors are not allowed unless deemed beneficial by the clinical care team. In this case, the patient will only be allowed 1 visitor at a time.
- ICU: patients will be allowed 1 visitor at a time for a maximum of 30 minutes.
Marlborough Hospital will continue to support alternative electronic methods for communication between patients and all other visitors, such as Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or Google Duo.