Visitor Restrictions Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To protect our patients and caregivers during the COVID-19 outbreak, we have changed our visitor policy to minimize foot traffic and potential exposures. No visitors for patients are allowed at Marlborough Hospital at this time. There will be visitor exceptions at each location that will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
In addition, those who are coming into the hospital will be subject to new visitor regulations by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH). This includes:
- All visitors will be asked a series of screening questions, developed by the DPH.
- All visitors will have their temperature checked.
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene before visiting.
- Visitors (if granted access by the care team) must always remain six feet away from the patient.
- Visitors (if granted access by the care team) must limit the time spent with the patient to no more than 15 minutes within a two-hour window.
- All entries will be recorded for tracking purposes.
All people will be asked to wear a mask when entering Marlborough Hospital.
Universal Masking Procedures
- We believe “universal masking” is the best approach right now to further reduce the risk of the community spread of COVID-19.
- This reduces the risk of transmission from/to those without symptoms.
- The mask must we worn at all times throughout the entire time spent at the hospital.
Please follow proper masking technique
- Be sure to perform hand hygiene before putting on your mask.
- Make sure the mask covers both your nose and mouth.
- Avoid touching your mask and your face.
- Maintain vigorous hand hygiene throughout your day/shift.
- Follow instructions for proper extended use and reuse of masks.