Pulmonary medicine, or pulmonology, is the medical specialty that deals with problems of the respiratory system.
Our expert pulmonologists diagnose and treat adult and pediatric patients suffering from lung diseases, respiratory problems, allergies and sleep disorders.
Lung Conditions We Treat
We treat many common respiratory conditions, allergies and sleep problems including:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (also known as COPD)
- Coughing up blood
- Excessive mucus production
- Interstitial lung disease
- Occupational lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Shortness of breath
Services We Provide
Our pulmonologists offer the latest diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative services including:
- Bronchoscopy - Used to evaluate and manage respiratory abnormalities, including abnormal chest x-rays, lung cancer, coughing up blood and respiratory infections
- Esophageal pH and impedance monitoring - Diagnoses gastroesophageal reflux disease (also known as GERD), assesses its severity and correlates it with respiratory symptoms
- Positive airway pressure (CPAP and BiPAP) - Used when assistance is needed for breathing. Common situations include sleep sleep apnea, pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
- Pulmonary function testing - Determines how well patients' lungs are functioning and how well their current medical treatment is working