UMass Memorial Medical Center Honors Its Volunteers
April 9, 2014
WORCESTER, MA – UMass Memorial Medical Center honored many of its volunteers April 8 in observance of National Volunteer Week during a special luncheon held at the Beechwood Hotel, Worcester. Long-time volunteers were recognized for their years and hours of service.
According to Jody Stark-Cornetta, director of Volunteer Services, last year the Medical Center’s 821 volunteers donated 111,697 hours, a significant savings to the Medical Center if employees were to assume volunteers’ duties. Pictured: Joseph Fournier, vice president and senior human resources officer, pictured right, joins volunteer Jean Faneuf of Holden who was honored for 27,000 hours of service at the UMass Memorial Medical Center volunteer luncheon.
- 25 years: Ruth Robinson, Petersham
- 20 years: Gertrude and Gerald Melancon, Worcester
- 15 years: John Polanik, Auburn, and Deborah Seto, Shrewsbury
- 10 years: Daniel King, Worcester, Betty Snyder, Barre, and Raymond Stark, Grafton
- 5 years: Donna Bigwood, Leicester, Theresa Davitt, Worcester, Edward Gardella, Worcester, Robert Johnson, West Boylston, Michael Polseno, Millbury, and Jane Ryan, Worcester
Hours of Service
- 27,000 hours: Jean Faneuf, Holden
- 5,000 hours: Robert Hoover, Westborough
- 4,000 hours: Ruth Robinson, Petersham
- 3,500 hours: Richard Mangs, Worcester
- 3,000 hours: Edmond Basque, Leominster
- 2,500 hours: Vicki Flowers, Worcester
- 1,500 hours: Barbara Cerny, Shrewsbury, Irene Dube, Worcester, Barbara Howarth, Boylston, Patricia Lapierre, Auburn, Urania Michael, Worcester, and Deborah Seto, Shrewsbury
- 1,000 hours: Saira Asjad, Worcester, Eugene Bah, Worcester, Kathleen Carroll, Shrewsbury, Andrew Fisher, Boston, William Frisch, Clinton, Edward Gardella, Worcester, Dorothy Gargolinski, Worcester, Nancy Kowalczyk, Shrewsbury, Donna Lepage, Shrewsbury, and Neal Schreckinger, Worcester
- 700 hours: Nora Donoghue, Worcester, Kenneth Flanders, Worcester, Carol Grehoski, Millbury, Joyce Handy, Worcester, Brianna Haskins, Athol, Stephen Higgins, Franklin, Robert Johnson, West Boylston, Lois Jonis, Northborough, Sandhya Kota, Shrewsbury, Barbara Laborde, Oakham, Patricia Mahoney, Whitinsville, Margaret Metrik, Shrewsbury, Michael Polseno, Millbury, Ann Sabulis, Worcester, and Rita Witman, Grafton
About UMass Memorial Medical Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center is the advanced tertiary care referral center for Central New England. The Medical Center offers a full complement of sophisticated technology and support services necessary to provide the region with specialists renowned for their work in areas such as cardiology, cancer, diabetes and orthopedics. To learn more about UMass Memorial, please visit www.umassmemorial.org, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
For all media inquiries contact our media relations department; email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-793-5726.