UMass Memorial Medical Center Awards and Recognitions
- 2019 Newsweek Top 100 Hospitals
- 2019 Healthgrades Best Hospitals
- 2019 The Joint Commission Advanced Ventricular Assist Device Therapy Certification
- 2019 The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center
Medical Center Makes 2018 Top Hospitals List
- Our Medical Center has achieved seven quality award distinctions in the last 12 months from Healthgrades. Healthgrades recognizes America’s 50 and 100 best hospitals — the top one percent and two percent, respectively — for delivering superior patient care across a broad spectrum of conditions and procedures.
- Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award
- Critical Care Excellence Award
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery Award
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care Award
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention Award
- 2018 Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Award
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence
- Platinum Certificate of Recognition: Health Resources and Services Administration Workplace Partnership for Life: One of three Massachusetts hospitals to receive the highest level of recognition for excellence in development initiatives around organ and tissue donation awareness and registration.
- Get With The Guidelines Gold Achievement Award: Given by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for treating atrial fibrillation
- Medical Group Management Association Successful Groups Survey: Identified UMass Memorial Community Medical Group as a “better performer” because of superior operational performance compared with similar medical group practices nationwide.
- U.S. News & World Report: Top performers in cardiac bypass surgery and heart failure.
- Truven Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals: Identified from more than 1,000 hospitals for setting new performance standards.
- Consumer Reports: One of 32 top-performing teaching hospitals to successfully reduce the incidence of central-line bloodstream infections.
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines: Performance achievement award for treating atrial fibrillation.
- American College of Radiology’s Commission of Quality and Safety and the Commission of Breast Imaging: Named Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, UMass Memorial Medical Center and Shrewsbury facilities.
- U.S. News & World Report 2015-2016 Best Hospitals: UMass Memorial Medical Center ranked seventh among best hospitals in Massachusetts for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart bypass surgery, heart failure, hip replacement and knee replacement.
- American College of Radiology: Radiation oncology team once again earned three-year accreditation for all four of our radiation oncology sites: UMass Memorial Medical Center, University and Memorial campuses; UMass Memorial – HealthAlliance Hospital, Burbank Campus; and UMass Memorial – Marlborough Hospital.
- European Society for Medical Oncology: Cancer Center and Palliative Care team earned re-accreditation for comprehensive and supportive palliative services.
- American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus-Stroke Quality Achievement Award: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus; GWTG Silver Plus Award: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus.
- Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Program, Defect-Free Care Award: Provided defect-free care to 90 percent or more of stroke patients by utilizing all of patient-eligible interventions.
- 2016 Gage Award for Population Health: Awarded by America’s Essential Hospital for outstanding asthma care at UMass Memorial Medical Center to local, high-risk children.
- Blue Cross, Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center Plus Awards: orthopedic (knee and hip replacement), cardiac and bariatric; and Blue Distinction Center Awards: orthopedic (spine), transplant and Weight Center.
- Medicare’s Hospital Compare Program: Arthritis and Joint Replacement Center recognized for the lowest infection rates for joint replacement (hip/knee) patients in Central Massachusetts, and one of the best in the state.
- Immunization Action Coalition’s Birth Dose Honor Roll: Maternity Center achieved one of the highest reported rates in the state for its work to protect newborns from hepatitis B virus infection.
- Commission on Cancer, a quality program of the American College of Surgeons: Once again awarded the three-year criteria-stringent on-site review for accreditation of the Cancer Center.