Colon and Rectal Surgery
At UMass Memorial at Southborough, you have access to the region’s leading specialists in treating colon or rectal disease in a private and comfortable environment, close to home.
Board-certified in colorectal surgery and fellowship trained, your surgeon is part of a team of skilled and compassionate medical professionals at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester and Marlborough Hospital. This team is recognized for their expertise in treating diseases of the intestinal tract including the small bowel, colon, rectum and anus.
Some of the common conditions our physicians treat may include:
- Colorectal polyps and cancer (colon and rectal cancer)
- Anal cancer
- Anorectal conditions such as hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas and abscesses
- Colon, rectal and small bowel tumors
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Bowel obstructions
- Stoma (colostomy and ileostomy) complications
- Pilonidal cysts