Sunday Sitdown: Dr. Michael Hirsh on Good for Guns
Michael P. Hirsh, a passionate advocate on the subject of gun violence and using preventive methods to address the issue, believes physicians belong in the middle of the gun debate.
Moody's Applauds UMass Health Financials, Epic Launch
UMass Memorial Health Care's revenue bond rating from Moody's has been upgraded from Baa3 to Baa2, according to the healthcare organization.
UMass Memorial Health Care Reaches HIMSS Analytics Stage 6
HIMSS Analytics announced UMass Memorial Health Care (UMass Memorial) has achieved Stage 6 recognition. UMass Memorial Health Care is actively pursuing HIMSS Analytics highest achievement – Stage 7.
Please note: If you are experiencing a medical emergency please call 911.
Media Relations Staff
UMass Memorial Health Care Tony Berry
Director of Media and Public Relations
UMass Memorial Health Care
Media and Public Relations Manager
UMass Memorial Medical Center
Manager, Marketing, Public Relations and Community Relations
UMass Memorial – Marlborough Hospital
Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Media Relations Policy
To effectively facilitate the requests of media reporting on news and events at UMass Memorial Medical Center, the Media and Public Relations Department has established the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with UMass Memorial staff or patients in advance through the Media and Public Relations Department.
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy, and appropriate sensitivity to patients and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be accompanied by a Media and Public Relations staff person while on any of the UMass Memorial campuses.
- Unless otherwise instructed by a member of the Media and Public Relations Department, members of the media will be provided complimentary parking. UMass Memorial security will remove unauthorized media and/or vehicles from the facility as necessary.
- Media will be met by Media and Public Relations staff in the lobby of the pre-determined campus building and escorted to the appropriate location in the hospital.
- No patient information other than a one-word condition description is made available to the media. No information will be released on patients who are not identified by name by the media.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at UMass Memorial must provide prior written consent to Media and Public Relations staff.