Centered on Care
UMass Memorial Medical Center has launched a seven-year, $172 million redesign and improvement project – MC 2020: Centered on Care – to modernize the Medical Center’s Memorial and University campuses.
Project features include:
- Patient rooms with modern finishes and décor, state-of-the art hospital beds, patient lifts, and designated family and staff zones
- Team stations that support multiple staff functions
- Newly designed and equipped waiting areas
- Public areas and hallways that simplify navigation for patients and visitors
- Infrastructure updates to support advanced technologies and systems
One of the most significant improvement projects in the history of the Medical Center, this undertaking is an exciting investment in our patients, our people, our community and our future.
Please note: Latex Balloons No Longer Allowed at Medical Center
Due to allergic reactions to latex and the possible choking hazard for our pediatric patients, these balloons are no longer allowed. Mylar balloons are acceptable to bring into the hospital.