UMass Memorial Medical Center Honors Volunteers
WORCESTER, Mass. – UMass Memorial Medical Center honored its volunteers on Tuesday, April 12 during a special luncheon held at the Beechwood Hotel, Worcester. In observance of National Volunteer Week, long-time volunteers were recognized for their years and hours of service.
According to Jody Stark-Cornetta, director of Volunteer Services, last year 800 volunteers donated 84,316 hours, a significant savings to the Medical Center if employees were to assume volunteers’ duties.
“Our volunteers generously give the gift of time to support our staff and encourage our patients, said Stark-Cornetta. They bring skills, talent, passion and commitment while enhancing the work of many and make a positive difference to the patient’s experience at the hospital.”
- 30 years: Jean Faneuf, Holden
- 15 years: Susan Belfield, Boylston; Roland Mitchell, Millbury
- 10 years: Robert Falter; Brookfield; Shiela Friel, Worcester; Cecile James, Worcester
- 5 years: Linda Barringer, Oakham; Margaret Bastien, Worcester; Jeanette Bedell, Worcester; Stephanie Canfield, Shrewsbury; Marilyn Collins, Worcester; Nancy Corkin, Berlin; Judy DiOrio, Westborough; Richard Dube, Worcester; Joanne Gallagher, Moosup; Martha Greene, Holden; Joyce Handy, Worcester; Gloria Hendry, N. Grafton; Ravinder Jain, Shrewsbury; Thomas Johnson, Rutland; Richard Mangs, Worcester; Doreen McNamara, Clinton; Christine O’Neill, Uxbridge; Seraphine Prakash, Shrewsbury; Winifred Rice, Uxbridge; Michael Roche, Northborough; Neal Schreckinger, Worcester; Spencer Schwartz, Shrewsbury; Heather Stewart, New Braintree
Hours of Service
- 27,500 hours: Jean Faneuf, Holden
- 4,500 hours: Richard Mangs, Worcester
- 4,000 hours: Anne Toto, Rutland
- 3,500 hours: Dorothy Gargolinski, Worcester; Alfred Sullivan, Westborough
- 3,000 hours: Vicky Flowers, Worcester
- 2,500 hours: Mary Grant, Worcester; Daniel Reynolds, Holden
- 2,000 hours: Irene Dube, Worcester; Patricia Lapierre, Auburn
- 1,500 hours: Brianna Haskins, Athol; Nancy Kowalczyk, Shrewsbury
- 1,000 hours: Arthur Blanchard, Barre; William Frisch, Clinton; Claire Halvey, Auburn; Robert Johnson, West Boylston; Spencer Schwartz, Shrewsbury
- 700 hours: Richard Agbay, Worcester; Barbara Bacon, Whitinsville; Roxanne Ball, Worcester; Margaret Bastien, Worcester; Donna Byrnes, Worcester; Gloria Hendry, North Grafton; Brenda Houle, Clinton; Kathleen Lauring, Worcester; Darshil Modi, Worcester; Christine O’Neil, Uxbridge; Anne Perkins, Petersham
About UMass Memorial Health Care
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Central Massachusetts with more than 12,900 employees and 1,670 physicians, many of whom are members of UMass Memorial Medical Group. Our member hospitals and entities include UMass Memorial – Clinton Hospital, UMass Memorial – HealthAlliance Hospital, UMass Memorial – Marlborough Hospital, UMass Memorial Medical Center and UMass Memorial – Community Healthlink, our behavioral health agency. With our teaching and research partner, the University of Massachusetts Medical School, our extensive primary care network and our cancer, diabetes, heart and vascular, orthopedic and surgery programs, UMass Memorial delivers safe, high-quality and compassionate care.