Volunteers Donated 92,000 Hours in 2016; Are Honored at Luncheon Hosted by UMass Memorial Medical Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center honored many of its volunteers on April 26 in observance of National Volunteer Week during a special luncheon held at the Beechwood Hotel, Worcester. Long-time volunteers were recognized for their years and hours of service.
During this last year, 500 volunteers donated 92,000 hours, a significant savings to the Medical Center if employees were to assume volunteers’ duties.
“Please know we truly appreciate and value our volunteers who enhance our patients’ experience at the hospital. We are honored and proud of the valuable contributions volunteers make to UMass Memorial,” said Jody Stark-Cornetta, director, Volunteer Services.
- 25 years: Dorothy Fox, North Grafton
- 20 years: Mary Grant, Worcester
- 15 years: Donna Perkins, Holden; Vicki Flowers, Worcester
- 10 years: Joanne D’Errico, Shrewsbury; Patricia Horgan, Worcester
- 5 years: Josephine DeRamos, Grafton; Sheila Clifford, Elizabeth Hacket and Joanne Harper, Holden; Evelyn Pless, North Oxford; Michelle Shipman and Marlene White, Rutland; Margaret Metrik, Shrewsbury; John Trogolo, Southborough; Regina Kondek and Tracy Popawski, Webster; Luis Bigio, Donna Byrnes, Kathleen Gemme and Carol Hill, Worcester
Hours of Service
- 7,000 hours: Nancy Callender, Worcester
- 6,500 hours: Richard Mangs, Worcester
- 6,000 hours: Robert Hoover, Westborough
- 5,000 hours: Ruth Robinson, Petersham; Dorothy Gargolinski, Worcester
- 4,000 hours: Ada Hoyer, Westborough
- 3,500 hours: Vicki Flowers, Worcester
- 3,000 hours: Jeannette Budzinski, Auburn; Daniel Reynolds, Holden
- 2,500 hours: Barbara Howarth, Boylston; Irene Dube, Worcester
- 2,000 hours: Edward Gardella, Worcester
- 1,500 hours: Arthur Blanchard, Barre; Debbie Isabelle, Northborough; Kathleen Carroll, Shrewsbury; Mary Ann Burritt, Westborough Joyce Handy, Worcester
- 1,000 hours: Victoria Ramos, Chicopee; Carol Grehoski, Millbury; Ravinder Jain and Marcia Nygard, Shrewsbury; Richard Agbay, Worcester
- 700 hours: Theola Benedict, Joan Cirelli, Anne Hardaker, Nancy Rogan, Bette Sanc and Patricia Sirois, Barre; Robert Falter, Brookfield; Martha Green, Holden; Joanne Gallagher, Moosup, CT; Deborah Early, Paxton; Jeremiah Stevenson, Roxbury; Cynthia Katinas, Rutland; Elizabeth Maciulewicz, Alyssa Merkle, and Victoria Orlowski, Shrewsbury; Meghna Balasubramanian, Westborough; Diane Nelson, West Boyslton; Karen Andrews, Joseph Corrado, Steven Grieger and Lorraine Langlois, Worcester
About UMass Memorial Health Care
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Central Massachusetts with more than 12,900 employees and 1,670 physicians, many of whom are members of UMass Memorial Medical Group. Our member hospitals and entities include UMass Memorial – Clinton Hospital, UMass Memorial – HealthAlliance Hospital, UMass Memorial – Marlborough Hospital, UMass Memorial Medical Center and UMass Memorial – Community Healthlink, our behavioral health agency. With our teaching and research partner, the University of Massachusetts Medical School, our extensive primary care network and our cancer, diabetes, heart and vascular, orthopedic and surgery programs, UMass Memorial delivers safe, high-quality and compassionate care.