When you have hemophilia or another bleeding or clotting disorder, you want to see experts at a dedicated treatment center. The New England Hemophilia Center at UMass Memorial Medical Center is part of a national network of dedicated treatment centers. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that hospitalizations and illnesses are reduced by 60 percent for patients with hemophilia who receive care at a nationally recognized center.
Services We Provide:
- Dental and oral surgery consultations
- Educational groups and seminars
- Genetic counseling
- Hematologist available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Latest treatment information
- Orthopedic and physical therapy consultations and referrals
- Patient advocacy
- Social work services and community resource referrals
- Research opportunities
Bleeding and Clotting Conditions We Treat:
- Hereditary and acquired thrombotic disorders
- Factor V Leiden
- Protein C deficiency
- Protein S deficiency
- Antithrombin III deficiency
- Prothrombin mutations
- Platelet disorders
- Von Willebrand disease
- Myleoproliferative disorders (e.g., essential thrombocytopenia, polythemia vera, myelofibrosis, chronic myeloid leukemia)
- Gaucher Disease
- Thrombosis and hemostatis disorders
- Hemochromatosis, iron deficiency and other disorders of iron metabolism
- Inherited and acquired anemias
- Treatment of clotting and bleeding disorders during pregnancy
What You Need to Know About Hemophilia Treatment
- Hemophilia treatment centers are recognized for state-of-the-art medical and psychosocial services, education and research, and a setting where patients are part of the team that makes decisions about their care.
- The National Hemophilia Foundation recommends that individuals with a bleeding disorder have annual checkups at a hemophilia treatment center.
- Learn more about hemophilia.
A call or click away:
HOPE line – 866-597 HOPE (4673)
Talk to a patient care coordinator with cancer experience.
Available Mondays through Fridays, 8 am – 4:30 pm.
Calls received during non-business hours will be returned on the next business day.