MBCT 8-week In-person
What is MBCT?
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) is an 8-week program for people with depression. MBCT combines the practice and clinical application of mindfulness meditation with the tools of cognitive therapy to break the cycle of depression. For more information on MBCT and to determine if it is right for you, click here.
This program is most beneficial:
- For those who have suffered from recurrent depression
- For those who have been advised to remain on antidepressant medication for the rest of their life to prevent a recurrence, as MBCT may be a welcome alternative
- For those interested in an opportunity to learn a new way of relating to unwanted thoughts and feelings and powerful skills for responding to them in an intentional and skillful manner
What is the course structure and commitment?
The MBCT program consists of:
- Orientation (required for enrollment, no charge)
- Eight weekly classes, 2 1/2 hours each (31 hours direct instruction)
- One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday, between classes 6 and 7
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practice daily home assignments for eight weeks. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled class, we encourage you to make up the class by attending a different class that same week.
3 easy steps to get started
- Look at the Class Schedule to determine days and times that work for you.
- Check the Orientation Schedule to find an Orientation Session (required) that works for you.
- Complete the Orientation Registration Form* (TBA)
* Please note, payment will not be requested for in-person class until after orientation