Information for Physicians
Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship
The Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship is offered to medical school graduates who have completed an approved three-year pediatric residency or met Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education approved standards.
Neonatology and Perinatology Outreach Program
A Neonatology and Perinatology Outreach Program (for referring hospitals) offers outreach conferences and statistical data on neonates. This program is conducted in conjunction with the following Massachusetts hospitals:
- HealthAlliance Hospital in Leominster
- Harrington Memorial Hospital in Southbridge
- Heywood Hospital in Gardner
- Milford Regional Medical Center in Milford
- St. Vincent Hospital in Worcester
The program includes:
- Outreach conferences to discuss neonatal and maternal transports as well as a perinatal lectures, which are held four times annually at each hospital with a neonatologist, perionatologist, and a neonatal and perinatal nurse educator from UMass Memorial Medical Center. For information on scheduled conferences, call 508-334-6206.
- Statistical reviews from the outreach hospitals providing neonatology statistics including maternal and neonatal transports on a monthly basis. These statistics, coupled with those from the UMass Memorial NICU, are entered into a database used for an annual report.