Pediatric Social Work
Injury and illness affect the entire family. Our UMass Memorial Children's Medical Center Pediatric Social Work Program helps you and your child cope with illness and with the adjustment to diagnosis and treatment.
Licensed pediatric social workers provide services based on the unique needs of your child and family.
Social Work Services We Provide
Our caring team of clinical social workers assists in many areas, including:
- Ways to deal with chronic illness
- Education on an illness
- Support for parents
- Support for end-of-life issues
- Education on injury prevention and violence prevention
- Referral and support for drug, alcohol and mental health issues
- Referral and support for housing and money issues
- Education and referral to community resources and support systems
- Liaison with schools and community agencies
- Bereavement counseling
- Trauma/crisis intervention counseling