Services We Provide
Diabetes Care at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, MA, helps you take the first step toward feeling better and living a longer, healthier life. See all that our Diabetes Center of Excellence has to offer.
Diabetes Care at UMass Memorial Medical Center
Our UMass Memorial Medical Center providers offer personalized care for:
- Adult diabetes (type 1 and type 2 diabetes): Primary care physicians and specialists work together to support the most important member of the care team – the individual with diabetes.
- Pediatric diabetes (type 1 and type 2 diabetes): Services for your infant, child or adolescent are provided through our Children's Medical Center.
- Gestational diabetes: You may need special medical care from our maternal-fetal physicians if you develop diabetes during pregnancy, also known as pregnancy-induced diabetes.
- Prediabetes: Our primary care physicians are your resource for managing prediabetes, a condition that means you’re at increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
All the Health Care Resources You Need
At our Diabetes Center of Excellence, you have convenient access to “eyes-to-toes care” and all the health care services you need to help you manage your diabetes. Our resources include:
- Assessment of your current lifestyle and self-management to identify where there’s room for improvement
- Diabetes education workshops and individual appointments to help you develop a plan to successfully self-manage your diabetes
- The most current and effective treatment options, tailored to your unique health and lifestyle needs
- Specialty clinics to help prevent complications, including eye care, foot care, weight management, and kidney care
- Nutritionist/dietitian to help you plan a healthy diet to improve your blood glucose control
- Behavioral health specialists to support the improvement of your emotional well-being and help you make necessary health behavior changes