What Is Otology/Neurotology?
You can receive care from otologists/neurotologists at UMass Memorial Medical Center if you’re living with ear diseases such as hearing loss, infections, tumors and more. These physicians provide the most advanced surgical and nonsurgical care available today.
Otology/Neurotology Conditions Treated at UMass Memorial Medical Center
Our ear, nose and throat doctors, many of whom specialize in otology/neurotology, offer you services for the following:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Cochlear implantation
- Chronic otitis media
- Congenital aural atresia
- Facial nerve disorders including facial paralysis
- Hearing loss
- Infratemporal fossa tumors
- Intratympanic therapy for Ménière's disease and sudden hearing loss
- Ménière's disease and vertigo
- Middle ear implants/implantable hearing aids
- Otosclerosis/stapes surgery (stapedectomy)
- Tumors of the ear and skull base