General cardiology services at UMass Memorial Health Care provide men, women and children in Central New England with the tools needed to prevent or treat heart disease. You will receive excellent cardiology care at all of our hospitals. That makes it convenient for you to get the heart care you need, close to home.
If you need more specialized cardiac care, you have access to services at our Heart and Vascular Center, located at our Medical Center in Worcester, MA.
Cardiology Services in Worcester, MA
While you can access cardiac services at all our hospitals, our specialty programs below are available at the Medical Center. No matter where you go, you will receive the most comprehensive, personalized care for your heart condition. Our specialty programs include:
- Anticoagulation Center: Helps patients prevent blood clots of the cardiovascular system through medication. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and include a "bridging therapy" program, and home coagulation monitoring and management programs.
- Hypertension Clinic: Supports patients suffering from complicated hypertension (high blood pressure). Treatment usually involves changes in lifestyle, and, if necessary, drug therapy.
- Lipids Clinic: Treats cholesterol problems, which can contribute to the development and progression of hardening of the arteries. Bold cholesterol management can decrease incidence of stroke, heart attack, hospitalization, disability and death.
- Preventive Cardiology Program: Offers evaluation and treatment to lower your current or future risks for heart disease. Studies show managing risk factors even for those who have heart disease can slow its progress. Our program also offers treatment of cardiovascular diseases resulting from diabetes.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Program: Evaluates and treats patients for high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs, which can lead to heart failure and even death.
- Second Opinion Clinic: For heart and vascular patients who already have received a first diagnosis. You may find there is a treatment option that is more convenient for you, less invasive and possibly more effective than the one you were initially given.
- Women's Heart Health Program: Provides cardiac care designed specifically for women in Central Massachusetts. This dedicated clinic focuses on all aspects of cardiology for women, from preventive care to the treatment of complex conditions.
- Valve Disease Clinic: Offers diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiac valve disease, including patients with aortic and mitral valve stenosis or regurgitation and congenital conditions such as bicuspid aortic valves.
Pediatric Heart Care
Our Children’s Medical Center offers pediatric cardiology services to treat heart problems common in children such as heart murmurs, congenital heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases. Learn more about Pediatric Heart Care.
System of Care
UMass Memorial Health Care provides comprehensive heart and vascular care in locations across Central Massachusetts, including at our member hospitals:
Ambulatory Care Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center
- University Campus
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
Contact General Cardiology: