Media Relations Policy
To effectively facilitate the requests of media reporting on news and events at UMass Memorial Medical Center, the Media and Public Relations Department has established the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with UMass Memorial staff or patients in advance through the Media and Public Relations Department.
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy, and appropriate sensitivity to patients and families, reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be accompanied by a Media and Public Relations staff person while on any of the UMass Memorial campuses.
- Unless otherwise instructed by a member of the Media and Public Relations Department, members of the media will be provided complimentary parking. UMass Memorial security will remove unauthorized media and/or vehicles from the facility as necessary.
- Media will be met by Media and Public Relations staff in the lobby of the pre-determined campus building and escorted to the appropriate location in the hospital.
- No patient information other than a one-word condition description is made available to the media. No information will be released on patients who are not identified by name by the media.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at UMass Memorial must provide prior written consent to Media and Public Relations staff.