Services We Provide
The best orthopedic care is right here in Central Massachusetts. UMass Memorial Medical Center offers patients complete, comprehensive subspecialty care in every area of orthopedics and musculoskeletal care.
Orthopedic Services in Central Massachusetts
- Arthritis and Joint Replacement Center
- Elbow Care
- Foot and Ankle Care
- Fractures and Orthopedic Injuries
- Hand Therapy
- Hand and Upper Extremity Treatment Center
- Joint Replacement
- Orthopedic Oncology (bone cancers)
- Pediatric Orthopedics (children’s bone care)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation ( Physiatry)
- Physical Therapy (including Occupational Therapy and Sports Medicine)
- Shoulder Care
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
Reasons to Choose Our Orthopedics Services
There are dozens of reasons you should choose our team for your joint pain, arthritis, sports medicine, rheumatology or physical therapy care, including:
Expert care for everyone: We offer complete, comprehensive subspecialty care in every area of orthopedics and rheumatology, from simple to complex, for infants to the elderly.
Highly trained physicians: UMass Memorial physicians are board-certified and fellowship trained, which means they have undergone additional specialty education and training to give you the best care possible.
- High-volume of care: We treat thousands of patients a year in a wide range of orthopedic subspecialties. In fact, we offer you more specialized orthopedic and rheumatology care than any other hospital in Central New England.
- Joint replacement experts: Our Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence is designated a Blue Distinction Center+ for Specialty Care® in knee and hip replacement, an honored designation based on quantity, quality and value of joint replacement surgeries.
- Clinical research excellence: The Agency on Healthcare Research and Quality selected UMass Memorial to lead five other nationally respected orthopedic programs in recruiting patients and collecting information for a first-of-its-kind database of joint replacement patients to clearly understand outcomes and how joint replacement surgery affects a patient’s quality of life. Learn more about research and teaching.