The UMass Memorial Medical Center offers a team of podiatrists who provide advanced care for foot disorders. This includes routine procedures to today’s most innovative treatments, including diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of foot disorders in patients of all ages.
Our podiatrist works closely with specialists in sports medicine, orthopedic oncology, foot and ankle surgery, vascular surgery, endocrinology (diabetes), rheumatology, dermatology and physical and occupational therapy, giving patients access to truly comprehensive care. Podiatry works closely with UMass Memorial’s Foot and Ankle Center.
Foot Conditions Treated in Central Massachusetts
- Achilles Tendonitis (Inflammation of the tendon)
- Arthritis (degenerative, painful joints)
- Bunions (large bump with deformity of the big toe)
- Congenital foot deformities
- Diabetic ulcers (wounds)
- Dermatological problems affecting the foot
- Hammertoes (toes that are curled due to a bend in the middle joint)
- Ingrown toenails
- Fungal infections
- Heel pain/heel spurs
- Neuromas (“pinched nerve” or a nerve tumor)
- Flatfoot (arch foot deformities)
- Foot injuries and fracture management