If you suffer from symptoms of arthritis or need a hip, knee replacement or shoulder replacement, turn to our specialists at UMass Memorial Medical Center for nationally recognized, award-winning care close to home in Central New England.
Hip, Knee and Shoulder Replacement Surgery in Central Massachusetts
At UMass Memorial Medical Center, our Arthritis and Joint Replacement Center is a national leader in the treatment of arthritis and joint pain.
Our highly trained orthopedic surgeons perform hundreds of total hip replacements, total knee replacements, and total shoulder replacements a year with excellent outcomes. And the more a surgeon performs certain procedures and operations, the more skillful he or she becomes at doing them — and the better patients recover. Our patients’ outcomes speak to that.
Most important is how a patient’s activity and physical functioning improve after treatment. Our surgeons incorporate the latest technological advancements into their practice, including the use of smaller incisions and new, longer-lasting artificial components, when appropriate. This means a faster and less painful recovery for you.
Can joint replacement help you? Learn more in this helpful video.
Joint Replacement Expertise
UMass Memorial’s total joint replacement program is locally and nationally recognized for:
- National excellence in assessing outcomes and quality of life after joint replacement
- State and regional leader in low infection and complication rates
- Ranked As High Performing by U.S News for both hip replacement and knee replacement specialties
- Award-Winning Care and honor for Blue Distinction Center for Specialty Care® in knee replacement and hip replacement
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 3 Years in a Row (2016-2018) as designated by HealthGrades
- Clinical Research which earned national honors and awards for work in improving functional results in patients who undergo total joint replacement surgery (www.Force-TJR.org)