When you need surgery, turn to UMass Memorial Medical Center for expert care close to home. Our skilled physicians and staff are committed to providing excellent surgical services to patients throughout Central Massachusetts. Our highly trained general surgeons perform a wide range of procedures both traditionally (through open surgery) and minimally invasively, to get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
State-of-Art Surgery at UMass Memorial Medical Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center’s general surgeons use the latest innovative techniques, including minimally invasive surgery, to provide comprehensive patient-centered care including:
- Hepatic, pancreatic and biliary surgery, including management of tumors
- Critical care of patients with sepsis and multiple organ failure
- Care of patients with traumatic injuries
- Advanced laparoscopic and endosurgical procedures
- Colon and rectal surgery, including operations for rectal carcinoma, ulcerative colitis and familial polyposis
- Surgical oncology, including the management of gastrointestinal and other complicated tumors in addition to soft tissue tumors and sarcomas
- Surgical management of thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Management of recurrent and complicated abdominal wall hernias
- Gallbladder surgery
- Bowel resection (colon and small bowel)
- Breast surgery, including biopsy and reconstruction
- Hernia repair
- Appendicitis surgery
As part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system, our member hospitals provide convenient surgical services close to home and streamlined access to the UMass Memorial Medical Center for the most advanced specialty care.
And, for your added convenience, our general surgeons provide care at our community site - UMass Memorial at Southborough, located at 28 Newton Street in Southborough.