Organ Transplant Surgery
First Choice for a Second Chance
If you or a loved one has been told that you need an organ transplant, it’s important to know that one of New England’s most respected transplant programs is right here at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester.
Our innovative program is enhanced by a compassionate support network for both patients and their families. A team of surgeons, physicians, coordinators, and social workers work together to provide expert care, guidance and education throughout all phases of the transplant process.
Our transplant team spans many different specialties, including:
- Adult kidney transplant surgery
- Pediatric kidney transplant surgery
- Adult liver transplant surgery
- Adult pancreas transplant surgery
- Adult simultaneous kidney/pancreas transplant surgery
Why choose UMass Memorial for organ transplatation
Deciding where to have your organ transplant surgery is a major decision, and you want to feel confident that you’re making the right choice. Here are some of the top reasons why so many patients trust UMass Memorial as their first choice for a second chance:
- A highly experienced surgical team: Our transplant surgeons are among the most experienced in all of New England. Watch our team in action.
- Our patients do exceedingly well: You’re in good hands at UMass Memorial, and we have a track record of excellent patient outcomes to prove it
- See how our outcomes measure up at the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR)
- A truly personalized approach to care: Each patient is unique, and we tailor our care to address your individual health issues and concerns. See how our first-class team delivers first-class care.
- Exceptional support resources: In addition to expert clinical care, we provide compassionate guidance, support and education before, during and after your procedure
- We’re pioneers in living-donor surgery: Ours is one of only two programs in the entire country to offer laparoscopic living liver donor surgery—making organ donation easier and less painful, and recovery faster. Learn more by watching this video.
- We offer hope to even the sickest patients: Unlike some transplant programs that turn away severely ill patients to maintain their rankings, we have a reputation for taking on even the sickest patients—with excellent results. Listen to Elaine’s story.
- We offer liver transplants to patients with alcoholic liver disease: Our team believes in equal access, without judgment, to this potentially lifesaving treatment—the only program in the region to do so
- A specialized program for patients with primary liver cancer: We provide expert multidisciplinary care for patients with liver cancer while they wait for a liver transplant—one of only a handful of such programs in the Northeast
Make UMass Memorial your first choice for a second chance
If organ transplant surgery is in your future, we would be honored to walk this journey with you. Please contact us to learn more or schedule a consultation.