If your child is having urologic problems, the Pediatric Urology Department at UMass Memorial’s Children’s Medical Center can help. In fact, we’re home to the only board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric urologist in central New England, giving you close-to-home access to advanced expertise from a world-renowned specialist.
It’s also important to know that we care for you and your child the way we’d want to be treated ourselves – with understanding, respect and compassion.
The Pediatric Urologic Conditions We Treat
We offer specialized care for the complete range of pediatric urologic disorders, treating children from infancy through 18 years of age. When urologic issues are identified through prenatal ultrasound, we even begin working with families before their baby is born.
Among the conditions we see are:
- Structural abnormalities of the kidney, ureter and bladder identified before birth
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Bladder dysfunctions, such as bedwetting and daytime incontinence
- Disorders of sexual development, including genital abnormalities
- Kidney stones
- Kidney tumors
- Renal (kidney) cystic disease
Surgical and Non-surgical Treatments For Urologic Disorders in Children
We provide today’s most advanced surgical and non-surgical treatments for urologic disorders in children.
- As specialists, we’re able to quickly and accurately diagnose and treat even the most complex conditions – while minimizing invasive tests and procedures
- When surgery is required, we use the latest in minimally invasive techniques to ensure the shortest possible hospital stay and fastest recovery; this includes laparoscopic surgery and, when appropriate, state-of-the-art robotic-assisted surgery
A Multidisciplinary Team Approach
The doctors and nurses at UMass Memorial’s Children’s Medical Center specialize in working with children – and with each other.
When young patients have complex conditions that require additional specialty expertise, we work as a team with experts in nephrology (kidney disease), gastroenterology (disorders of the stomach and intestines), neurology (nervous system) and other pediatric specialties – a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach that translates into the best possible care for your child.
As a parent, you have a lot of demands on your time. That’s why we strive to make it as easy as possible to obtain the care your child needs by offering:
- Early-morning and Saturday office hours to accommodate working parents
- If your child needs to see multiple doctors or have tests, we’ll schedule them within a single visit
- If your child is under our care, we’re available by phone evenings and weekends
- Plus, we’re sensitive to financial concerns and make every effort to provide care that’s efficient and cost-effective