Connecting Patients and Providers, Virtually Anywhere
Now you can see your provider without leaving your home using UMass Memorial Health Care’s telehealth services. We're growing our telehealth (virtual visit) capabilities every day to better serve our community and make seeing a UMass Memorial physician even easier.
Virtual visits can be done for most outpatient clinics and physician offices - check with your insurance company about coverage. Using a computer or mobile device, patients can connect with their provider via a secure platform and in the convenience of their own home.
Benefits of Virtual Medicine
- Instant medical treatment plan and follow-up instruction
- Access to prescriptions, as appropriate
- Timely consultation with your provider regarding regular medical concerns, such as common illnesses, aches and pains, and minor injuries
Accessing a Virtual Visit
You and your provider will decide if a virtual visit is appropriate to meet your health needs. Call your provider or 855-UMASS-MD (855-862-7763) to discuss your options. To access a visit, you will need to sign up online for myChart.
When signing up for myChart, you’ll be connected to our secure, third-party identification tool. If you need assistance, you can:
- Ask your provider's office to send you a myChart activation email.
- Call 855-UMASS-MD (855-862-7763), Monday through Friday, 7 am to 8 pm.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Video Visit Instructions
Below are the documents to help you connect with your provider whether you're at home (ambulatory) or in the hospital and need a consultation.
Inpatient Telehealth Video Visit Instructions:
Ambulatory (Outpatient) Telehealth Video Visit Instructions
Instructions on how to download AWTouchpoint to your iPhone