WHEN YOU NEED CARE NOW
If your primary care provider is unavailable, urgent care is a great option.
- Convenient, high-quality care
- Seven UMass Memorial affiliated community locations
- Staffed by board-certified physicians or registered nurses
- Open nights and weekends
- No appointment required, walk-in care
- On-site site laboratory testing and X-rays
- Wait times and costs are less than emergency room
- Most insurance plans accepted
The Role of Urgent Care
Urgent care centers provide medical care for conditions that aren’t an immediate, serious threat to life or health and are typically staffed by board-certified physicians, nurses and/or medical personnel specially trained in acute care for all age groups.
They are a good option in the evening or on weekends when your primary care doctor is not available. If you are ever in doubt, call 911.
URGENT CARE TREATMENT
- Cold, Flu & Other Illnesses
- Allergic Reactions
- Children’s Illnesses & Injuries
- Puncture wounds/infections
- Sports injuries/sprains/strains
- Strep throat/pink eye
- Vaccinations & Health Screenings
- Routine Physical Exams and Sports Physicals
- Occupational Medicine
- Travel Care