If you or a loved one are facing gynecologic cancer, you have access to the most advanced services for cancer care, including national clinical trials at UMass Memorial Medical Center.
You can be assured that you will be cared for by a team of experts. Our providers – called gynecologic oncologists – are the region’s only nationally known team of doctors with advanced training in the management of women with gynecologic cancers. Studies show that women with cancers of the reproductive tract have better outcomes and improved survival when treated by a gynecologic oncologist.
Gynecologic Cancers We Treat at UMass Memorial Medical Center
Our team provides you with complete care, including diagnosis, treatment and ongoing support if you’re at risk for or diagnosed with:
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial (uterine) cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Peritoneal cancers
- Pelvic masses
- Other gynecologic cancers
Gynecologic Cancer Services
As leaders in gynecologic cancer care, we offer you:
- Ground-breaking therapies that combine surgery, chemotherapy, radiation oncology and clinical trials to improve your treatment
- Minimally invasive surgery, including robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System and single incision laparoscopy
- Access to targeted clinical trials through the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Genetic testing if you have a family history of gynecologic cancers
A Multidisciplinary Team
The diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers requires the skills of many specialists. We bring together these specialists in a single setting (called multidisciplinary care).
Here they discuss care for each patient and develop a thorough treatment program as a team. This provides you the best treatment plan possible.
Research and Clinical Trials
Working with the NCI and UMass Medical School, the Cancer Center serves as a forum for education and research. Extensive cancer research and clinical trials are available and you benefit from the latest diagnostic and treatment options that result from this research.
For additional information, please download our printable brochure, “Gynecologic Oncology.”