UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital provides emergency services for adults and children 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are staffed by emergency medicine physicians from UMass Memorial Medical Center who work with a group of highly skilled emergency nurses and other clinical and nonclinical staff.
Services and Resources within Our Emergency Department
- Examination and procedure rooms
- Specialized treatment areas for cardiac, trauma, pediatric and psychiatric emergencies
- State-of-the-art cardiac monitoring system to monitor heart rate, blood pressure, respiration and blood oxygen levels
- Negative-pressure isolation room to keep hazardous infections away from patients and staff
- Special decontamination area where patients exposed to hazardous substances can be safely treated
Access to a Level One Trauma Center
As a member of UMass Memorial Health Care, Marlborough Hospital patients have convenient access to the Duddie Massad Emergency and Trauma Center, the region's only accredited Level One Trauma Center for adults.
Patients requiring the advanced services of a trauma center can be rapidly transferred by Life Flight air ambulance.
Marlborough Hospital’s emergency services are backed by the latest diagnostic resources, including a 40-slice computed tomography (CT) scanner and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), with high-definition technology.