If you have trouble sleeping, the Sleep Disorders Center at UMass Memorial Medical Center can help you get the good night’s sleep you deserve. Our doctors offer you comprehensive diagnosis and management for more than 81 sleep disorders in our state-of-the-art sleep lab located at 85 Prescott Street in Worcester.
Sleep Disorders We Treat
Doctors in our Sleep Disorders Center diagnose and treat the following sleep problems and more:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Parasomnias such as sleep walking
- Restless leg and periodic limb movement syndromes
- Circadian rhythm disorders
Sleep Disorders Services in Central Massachusetts
Our team of sleep medicine doctors – which includes pulmonologists, neurologists and psychiatrists – and other health care professionals work together to provide you these services:
- Clinical evaluation and management
- Overnight sleep studies and daytime nap studies, which use noninvasive equipment to measure brain activity, respiration and movement to determine causes of sleep disruption
- Unattended portable home sleep testing, a technology that allows patients who meet specific criteria to complete their diagnostic sleep testing in the comfort of their home
- Actigraphy, a noninvasive method of monitoring human rest/activity cycles over a period of time
- Behavior modification instruction for insomnia
- Chronotherapy and light therapy for circadian rhythm disorders
- Specialized breathing devices, such as CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure), BiPAP (bilevel positive airway pressure), ASV (adaptive servo-ventilation) and dental appliances for obstructive sleep apnea
- Pediatric sleep medicine
To schedule an appointment, call 508-793-4950.
Our Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and is a designated provider of the Accredited Sleep Technologist Education Program, one of few sites nationwide.