UMass Memorial Cancer Center at Marlborough Hospital
If you or someone you know is diagnosed with cancer, you don’t have to travel far for advanced cancer care. The new UMass Memorial Cancer Center at UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital expands the UMass Memorial Health Care Cancer Center of Excellence by offering a choice for cancer care close to where you live and work.
Those with blood disorders can also be diagnosed and treated by our team of experts. Blood disorders include hemophilia and anemia.
Our new Cancer Center allows for easy access to cancer care. This way patients and families can focus on recovering and getting back to the lives they knew before cancer.
Cancer Services We Provide
- Radiation therapy
- Cancer surgery
- Mammography/3D mammography
- Diagnostic imaging (CT scan, x-ray, ultrasound, MRI)
- Patient and family education and support
- Symptom management and palliative care
You can be comforted in knowing that a group of doctors meet to discuss and develop a treatment plan for each patient. The team includes physicians from radiation, pathology, medical oncology, surgery and radiology.
Conditions We Treat
Our physicians have special expertise and training in the latest techniques for treating cancer, including cancers that are rare or more complex. We offer comprehensive treatment plans for cancers such as:
- Blood disorders, include bleeding and clotting disorders and abnormal blood counts
- Breast cancer
- Colon, stomach, liver, pancreatic and other gastrointestinal cancers
- Prostate, testicular, bladder, kidney and other genitourinary cancers
- Head and neck cancers and tumors
- Leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and other blood disorders and malignancies
- Lung cancer
- Skin cancer
- Soft tissue sarcomas
Radiation Therapy Services
Our center features a TrueBeam® radiation treatment system that coordinates imaging, patient positioning and motion to:
- Provide more precise dosages for safer radiation treatments
- Deliver times that can be up to 50 percent faster than conventional radiation therapy
- Treat tumors anywhere in the body
- Increase patient comfort
Our Healing Environment
Viewing and interacting with nature have been proven to reduce stress, alleviate negative emotions and aid in the healing process. The benefits of a healing garden at a health care facility can provide much comfort to patients, caregivers and families. Our healing garden can be viewed from every chair in our infusion suite. It provides year-round relaxing, visual experience for our patients and their family members.
Access to Unique Services in Worcester
Because Marlborough Hospital is a member of UMass Memorial Health Care, you also have access to unique services and care at the Cancer Center, located in Worcester, Massachusetts: