Our Valve Clinic is the first and only in Central New England for the complete diagnosis and treatment of cardiac valve disease, including conditions such as aortic and mitral valve stenosis or regurgitation and congenital conditions such as bicuspid aortic valves.
New techniques for the evaluation and management of cardiac valve disease allow our physicians to more precisely detect anatomic abnormalities and determine appropriate treatment. Our team of experts works together to determine what type of treatment is most appropriate for you.
A Multidisciplinary Approach to Cardiac Valve Disease
Valve repair is preferred to preserve the patient's own valve and avoid the need for anticoagulation therapy. Our team of experts consists of interventional cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiac imaging, radiologists, geriatricians, vascular surgeons, anesthesiologists, neurologists and radiology techs.
Procedures to treat valve disease include:
- Advanced port-access surgery for mitral valve repair and replacement
- Balloon valvuloplasty to treat mitral stenosis and aortic stenosis
- Percutaneous (catheter-based) mitral valve clip repair to treat mitral regurgitation
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation or surgery to treat aortic stenosis
- Valve-sparing aortic root replacement
- Complex aortic root construction of all types