Army of Experts
It’s not just a team, it’s an army. When it comes to your fight against cancer, you want to know that instead of a few doctors working on many types of cancer, you will be cared for by many cancer specialists working on your type of cancer. This is called multidisciplinary care.
From simple to complex cancers, your small army of experts determines the best possible treatment plan - and best results. Our Cancer Center involves specialists who provide input to your treatment. Our multidisciplinary team approach to your cancer care sets us apart.
Each team may also include staff members from:
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Health psychology
- Social work
- Palliative care and pain management
- Child life specialists (pediatrics)
Our 10 Multidisciplinary Teams
- Breast cancer – Noninvasive and invasive ductal and lobular cancer, inflammatory cancer, Paget’s disease
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancers – Cancers of the esophagus, pancreas, bile ducts, liver, colon and rectum, anus and stomach
- Genitourinary (GU) cancers – Cancers of the testes, kidney, bladder and prostate
- Gynecologic cancers – Cancers of the reproductive system, including cervix cancer
- Leukemia and lymphoma – Hematologic malignancies including leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease, multiple myeloma and myelodysplasia
- Lung cancer/thoracic cancer – Nonsmallcell lung carcinoma, small cell cancer (oat cell carcinoma), carcinoid tumors, bronchoalveolar carcinoma, mesothelioma and metastatic cancers to the chest
- Neuro-oncology – Primary and metastatic brain cancers
- Palliative care – For all stages of cancer care
- Pediatric cancer – All pediatric blood disorders and solid tumor malignancies
- Skin cancer – Basal cell, squamous cell and melanoma
A multidisciplinary team also meets regularly to discuss cancers, such as those of the head and neck (face, nose, sinuses, ears, salivary glands, thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, mouth, tongue, lower jaw, throat and larynx).
A call or click away:
HOPE line – 866-597 HOPE (4673)
Talk to a patient care coordinator with cancer experience.
Available Mondays through Fridays, 8 am – 4:30 pm.
Calls received during non-business hours will be returned on the next business day.