If you have been diagnosed or suspect you have breast cancer or other breast disorder, you want a team of experts in your corner. Our specialists guide you through information and options so you can make the best decision for yourself.
Personalized and Specialized Care
You’ll have a one-on-one personalized session in a single appointment so in most cases, many visits are unnecessary. We encourage the involvement of your loved ones in the care process to complement the support we provide on your cancer journey. We're here to answer your questions, discuss concerns, and attend to your physical and emotional needs.
From diagnostic cancer screenings to biopsies and reconstructive surgery, our UMass Memorial Comprehensive Breast Center in Worcester, MA, provides expert breast care to you promptly and in a patient-focused setting.
Not Just a Team – A Small Army
The diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer often require the skills of many specialists. We bring together these specialists in a single setting (called multidisciplinary care). Here the team discusses care for each patient and develops a thorough treatment program. This provides you with the best cancer treatment plan possible.
Learn more about our High-risk Breast Cancer Screening Program.
Diseases We Treat
- Breast cancer
- Breast lumps
- Abnormal mammograms
- Nipple discharge
- Male breast cancer
Breast Cancer Care Services:
- Biopsy (stereo core biopsy, ultrasound-guided biopsy, fine-needle aspiration biopsy)
- Diagnostic breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Guided breast biopsy
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Breast cancer risk assessment and counseling
- Mammography (routine and diagnostic)
- Radiation therapy
- Medical oncology
- Multidisciplinary care
- Plastic surgery, including reconstructive/aesthetic breast surgery
- Health psychologist
Research and Clinical Trials
Working with the University of Massachusetts Medical School, the Cancer Center serves as a forum for education and research. Extensive cancer research and clinical trials are conducted so you benefit from the latest diagnostic and treatment options that come from this research.
All women are at risk for developing breast cancer. Click the links below to learn more.
- Risk Factors - Factors that may increase your chance of getting the disease.
- Risk Assessment Tool - Are you at risk for breast cancer?
- Self Breast Examination - Learn how to examine your breasts.
- Quiz- What do you know about breast cancer?
- Learn more about routine breast screenings.
Cancer Center Exceeds Performance Measures
Performance measures give patients a way to assess health care quality compared to national standards. Measurements are a way to help patients know if they are receiving appropriate and high-quality care. Learn more.