COVID-19 Information for Pregnant Women
The birth of your baby is a very special event. Our Maternity Center offers the setting, expertise and support you and your family need to have a healthy, positive birth experience.
We’re proud to welcome more than 4,000 babies into the world each year – more than at any other hospital in Central Massachusetts. The fact that so many moms choose to have their babies here is evidence of the outstanding maternity care we provide.
Obstetric Care throughout Your Pregnancy
From the moment you decide to have a baby, you can count on UMass Memorial Medical Center for the expert care you deserve. Our highly skilled obstetricians, family medicine physicians and nurses are here for you at every step of your pregnancy, providing:
- Comprehensive prenatal care and childbirth education to ensure a healthy pregnancy
- Attentive, personalized care to ensure a safe labor and delivery
- Comprehensive postpartum and follow-up care to make sure that mom, baby and family are doing fine
Our Maternity Center Services
Our Maternity Center also offers:
- Private birthing suites complete with a private bath, telephone, television and daybed, and a comfortable, homelike setting
- 24-hour obstetric anesthesia care
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the region’s only Level III NICU providing advanced neonatal care for high-risk premature and low-birth weight newborns
- Certified lactation (breast-feeding) consultants
- Childbirth and family education classes
- Umbilical cord blood donation through New England's first cord blood donation program
As the only hospital in Central Massachusetts with high-risk pregnancy specialists (obstetricians who have advanced training in maternal-fetal medicine), the Medical Center can handle the complications of pregnancy whether due to various medical conditions such as kidney or heart disease, seizure disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes and problems in a previous pregnancy or that develop suddenly during your pregnancy or your delivery.
UMass Memorial Medical Center –
119 Belmont Street
Worcester, MA 01605