MBSR 8-week Online Live
Throughout the program you will be consciously and systematically working with the challenges and demands of your everyday life. Your instructors will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Systematic instruction in formal MBSR meditation practices, with opportunity to check in with teachers
- Online resource materials and video conferencing
What is the MBSR 8-Week Live Online Program?
This program addresses the needs of those interested in taking the MBSR 8-Week program with others, but are unable to physically attend the in-person program. The entire course is delivered live through video conferencing. Rather than meeting in-person, participants engage with the teacher and interact with one another through their computer during class time, and for home assignments and practice.
A computer and high-speed internet connection are required. Mobile devices such as phones and tablets are not recommended.
What is the course structure and commitment?
The Live Online MBSR program consists of:
- Orientation (required for enrollment)
- Eight weekly classes, 2 1/2 hours each (31 hours direct instruction)
- One All-Day class on a Saturday or Sunday, between classes 6 and 7
- Daily home practice assignments for 45-60 minutes each day
View the week-by-week Course Outline.
You must be willing to make a strong commitment to attend all classes and to practice daily home assignments for eight weeks. If you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled class, we encourage you to make up the class by attending a different class that same week.
3 easy steps to get started
- Look at the class & orientation schedule to determine the day and time that work for you.
- Review the Technology Requirements, to make sure you have (or can access) the required equipment for video conferencing.
- Complete the Application Form