Nephrologists at UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester are skilled in caring for your acute and chronic kidney disease in a broad range of areas including kidney failure, dialysis, glomerular diseases, which affect the tiny units within the kidney where blood is cleaned, diabetic kidney disease, kidney stones and high blood pressure.
From a comprehensive evaluation, to diagnosis and development of a treatment plan, our team is by your side every step of the way. We also offer specialty clinics directed specifically toward transplantation services, and your long-term management of renal disease and transplantation.
Wide range of Diagnostic and Treatment Methods
Our physicians provide care for common kidney disorders, as well as for more complex conditions. Our areas of clinical expertise include:
- Hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, hemofiltration and nocturnal dialysis
- Investigation of new strategies to slow the progression of kidney disease
- Kidney biopsy with specialized microscopic analysis
- Investigation of new treatments for resistant hypertension
- Noninvasive diagnostic testing for renal vascular disease
- Extracorporeal hemoperfusion for drug and chemical intoxication
- Kidney transplant
Our physicians’ expertise goes from the bedside to the clinical lab where cutting-edge research is helping shape tomorrow’s treatment options for your kidney disorders. At the UMass Medical School, our physicians participate in basic and clinical research efforts that have the potential to be applied to patient care.