Speech and Language Therapy
The speech language pathologists at UMass Memorial Medical Center are dedicated to providing you with evaluation and treatment to assist with swallowing disorders that may interfere with your life.
We offer you expert consultation and evaluation for swallowing disorders for both adults and children in our inpatient and outpatient settings.
Inpatient Speech Therapy Services at UMass Memorial Medical Center
A variety of disorders affecting both adults and children can benefit from speech therapy, including:
- Receptive and expressive language disorders
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC)
- Dysphagia/feeding problems caused by cancer or varying neurological problems
- Pediatric Feeding Clinic specializes in treating young children - also available as outpatient care
- Skull and facial deformities through our Craniofacial Anomalies Clinic - also available as outpatient care
Speech therapists, in partnership with your physician and coordinated care team, will:
- Provide diagnostic services to you or your child with communication and swallowing disorders
- Focus treatment to maximize your functional independence and safety level
- Make recommendations for a discharge plan including communication needs, diet and compensation techniques to optimize function and safety with eating