Women's Urologic Health
If you’re a woman suffering from urinary problems, know that you’re not alone – and that you don’t not have to “learn to live with” these conditions. Today there are many effective treatment options – and they’re all available from the urologic experts at UMass Memorial Medical Center.
In fact, there’s no other hospital in Central Massachusetts that can offer the advanced expertise in treating female urinary conditions that we can. Here’s a closer look at the services we provide.
The Women’s Urologic Health Conditions We Treat at UMass Memorial
Our board-certified urologists have extensive experience in diagnosing and managing urologic conditions that affect women, including:
- Female voiding dysfunction
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal prolapse/pelvic organ prolapse
- Interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome)
Extensive Treatment Resources for Women’s Urologic Health Issues
You’ll be glad to know that UMass Memorial offers today’s most advanced non-surgical and surgical treatment options for the conditions that affect women’s urologic health. These include:
- Behavior modification such as adjusting fluid intake and voiding schedule
- Devices, medications and injectable treatments designed to treat urinary incontinence
- Oral medications to control overactive bladder
- Pelvic floor muscle exercises
- Surgical treatment
We Treat You With Respect and Consideration
We understand that many women feel embarrassed about discussing incontinence. Please know that you will be treated in an atmosphere of respect and consideration, and that we will work with you to determine a plan of therapy that fits your lifestyle, personal preferences and overall health.