Hematology (Blood Diseases)
Our pediatric hematology team provides diagnosis and treatment for all pediatric blood disorders. Our focus is on the most advanced medical care combined with the best emotional support for your child and your family. Services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of all red blood cell disorders
- A dedicated sickle cell disease clinic
- Evaluation and treatment of clotting problems, including bleeding, thrombosis and platelet disorders
- A multidisciplinary hemophilia clinic, part of the New England Hemophilia Center. The New England Hemophilia Center is part of the federally funded Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) network. HTCs are specialized health care centers that bring together a team of doctors, nurses and other health professionals experienced in treating people with hemophilia.
- Evaluation and treatment of disorders of white blood cell number and function
The “family” that surrounds your child includes expertly trained and experienced specialists, including:
- Social workers
- Child life specialists
Pediatric Hematology Research
We participate in clinical research programs through the New England Pediatric Sickle Cell Consortium, the Diamond Blackfan Anemia Registry, the Severe Chronic Neutropenia International Registry, and mulitiple collaborative clinical research and gene therapy programs with Children’s Hospital Boston.