About UMass Memorial Health Care
UMass Memorial Health Care is the largest health care system in Central Massachusetts. We are the clinical partner of UMass Medical School, with access to the latest technology, research and clinical trials.
UMass Memorial Health Care: Locations in Central Massachusetts
Our health care system includes three hospitals:
- UMass Memorial Medical Center (Worcester)
- UMass Memorial HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital (Burbank, Clinton and Leominster Campuses)
- UMass Memorial - Marlborough Hospital (Marlborough)
Our hospitals receive full accreditation by the Joint Commission, a national organization that sets quality standards for hospitals. In addition to our fully equipped medical centers, our system also includes home health and hospice programs, behavioral health programs and community-based physician practices.
We have an affiliation with CareWell Urgent Care to provide regional urgent care services. Also, the UMass Memorial Medical Group provides high quality, low-cost outpatient surgery services at The Surgery Center in Shrewsbury.
UMass Memorial Health Care by the numbers:
- 1,700 physicians on our active medical staff
- 3,000 registered nurses
- 13,000 total employees
- 1,125 beds in our hospitals
Health Care Services at UMass Memorial
With our sophisticated technology and full spectrum of support services, we provide you with excellent health care in a warm, professional environment. Our staff includes specialists who are nationally acclaimed for their work in areas such as:
- Heart and vascular care
- Newborn intensive care
- Children’s services
- Women’s services
- Emergency medicine and trauma
Advanced Care at UMass Memorial Medical Center
UMass Memorial Medical Center is home to some of the region’s most sophisticated medical technology, including the latest diagnostic and treatment options. Our experienced staff includes specialists who are leaders in their field. No matter where you receive health care within our network of hospitals, you have access to the advanced services and resources of UMass Memorial Medical Center.
Features of UMass Memorial include:
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons as the only designated Level I Trauma Center for adults and children in Central Massachusetts
- Home to the Duddie Massad Emergency and Trauma Center and Life Flight, New England’s first hospital-based air ambulance
- The region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, providing expert care for ill or premature newborns
- Recognized by US News & World Report as high performing in cardiac bypass surgery and heart failure
- Among the top hospitals nationwide for coronary artery bypass surgery and aortic valve replacement surgery according to Consumer Reports
- A study published in 2013 in the journal CHEST and written by the director of UMass Memorial’s eICU found that “patients in the virtual ICUs were 26 percent more likely to survive their stay in the ICU and 16 percent more likely to survive the hospitalization as a whole and be discharged.” – Boston Business Journal, December 3, 2013