About Our Otolaryngology Department
Ear, Nose and Throat Care Close to Home
The region’s most comprehensive ear, nose and throat care is available to you and your loved ones close to home through the Department of Otolaryngology at UMass Memorial Medical Center. Adults and children with disorders of the ears, nose, throat, neck and skull base can count on our department for the management of both benign and malignant disease.
Ear, Nose and Throat Specialties at UMass Memorial Medical Center
You have access to our ear, nose and throat specialists, also called ENT physicians, who make up one of Central Massachusetts’ largest fellowship-trained otolaryngology teams. This means that our physicians have completed extra medical training in order to provide you with the most advanced ear, nose and throat care to our patients.
Our doctors focus on the following areas within otolaryngology. They work together to make sure your care is coordinated across these specialties.
- General otolaryngology: Care for routine and complex ear, nose and throat conditions like nasal obstruction, sinus diseases and swallowing problems
- Cochlear implantation: Evaluation and implantation for devices that restore hearing for both congenital and acquired hearing loss
- Head and neck surgery: Care for conditions that affect a patient’s head and neck, such as tumors and lesions
- Otology/neurotology: Medical and surgical care for disorders of the ears, including hearing loss, infections and balance problems
- Pediatric otolaryngology: Ear, nose and throat care for infants, children and adolescents
- Skull base surgery: Advanced surgical care for patients with disorders and diseases that affect the skull base (forms the floor of the cranial cavity and separates the brain from facial structures)