Information for Families
NICU Visiting Hours
You are welcome to be with your baby any time you’d like. The following guidelines provide a private and safe place for the families and babies.
- All visitors must be with one of the infant's parents.
- All visitors and parents must sign the logbook at the front desk when arriving and sign out when leaving.
- Two visitors at a time may be with the parents at the bedside.
- Brothers and sisters of the baby need to check in at the desk before each visit. They will be asked a few questions to make sure that they are in good health.
- Children under 16 who are not brothers or sisters of the baby may not go into the nursery but are welcome in the Family Lounge.
- After 8:30 pm, visitors must enter/exit the hospital through the Emergency Department. A security officer will take the visitor's name to confirm that he/she is a NICU parent.
Obtaining Information about Patients
Information is given only to the infant's mother and her chosen support person. They may call at any time. For security reasons, the ID band number is required before any information is given out. Call 508-334-6581 or toll free 800-477-2925.
Parents of babies in the NICU are eligible for parking passes. Social workers provide parents information on how to pick up passes.
Supporting the NICU
You can give back to our NICU if you choose by making a financial contribution to support the care of future NICU patients. To learn more, mail your donation to the below address or contact our Development Office:
UMass Medical School/UMass Memorial Development Office
333 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545