The smallest patients require the most specialized medical care. At UMass Memorial Medical Center, we take care of our pediatric patients with a highly skilled team of experts from our Children’s Medical Center in Worcester.
Children from throughout our health care system have access to the hospital’s pediatric heart services.
Pediatric Heart Care in Central Massachusetts
From birth to adolescence, we provide inpatient and outpatient services to diagnose and treat heart murmurs, preventive cardiology needs, congenital heart disease and other heart problems.
Services we provide include:
- Pediatric electrocardiography
- Pediatric echocardiography
- Holter monitoring
- Treadmill exercise testing
- Evaluation and treatment of congenital heart disease
- Evaluation and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- Fetal echocardiography, and comprehensive prenatal counseling and testing
UMass Memorial Partnership with Boston Children’s Hospital
Our Children’s Medical Center is part of a unique program designed to give your child the best possible care. We work in partnership with surgeons at Boston Children’s Hospital, the highest volume pediatric cardiac surgical program in the Northeast.
This partnership means that all major surgeries and procedures will be performed by the best available specialists, if needed, in Boston. It also allows for your child’s diagnostic and long-term follow-up care to remain close to home in Worcester.
Congenital Heart Support Group in Worcester, MA
- Little Hearts is a support network for children with congenital heart disease. The group sponsors activities, including an annual summer picnic with hundreds of families affected by congenital heart disease. Learn more about Little Hearts.